Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Ted!

Happy Birthday Ted! Eighty six years old today so I thought I would bring him out for a day-trip in the garden.
Inspecting the sweetcorn, not quite ready yet. Maybe another couple of weeks.
Lovely sunflower, ripening well in this hot sun.
Ted doesn't come out much these days.
Happy Birthday!

5 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Tattyanne said...

Happy Birthday Ted! You wear you years very well! X Karen

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

A fine day in the garden for Ted!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger BilboWaggins said...

What a distinguished gentleman! Many happy returns, sir, may you have lots lots more. Bilbo

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - he's very chipper. It looks like the sunflower is whispering in his ear!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger this is my patch said...

Happy belated birthday Ted. You look like a great bear to have around the allotment! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>